BLOG POST #6 COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & PLN

Our current social climate in North America is focused on social media, public services, politics, and conversations about policing, social justice, and addressing systemic racism within communities.

— EDCI 338

In a sense, technology is the greatest contribution of society in a sense that modern people cannot do without technology all the time.

How does social media help engage and challenge community-based communications?

For example, technology plays a huge role during COVID-19. When people are self-quarantine at home and unable to contact the outside face to face. The online classes and works on the computer have become their main way of life. Things like that must be talked face-to-face in daily life before can be communicate in time through the internet, even though the distances between them are far away.

On the other hand, our online class Ecdi 338 is also a perfect interpretation of the benefits of technology to us.

We not only use online teaching to learn and communicate, but also let me know more about the development and use of technology.

What need to reflect on to adapt evolving social media communication expectations as community learns more about identity?

However, the increasing development of network technology makes it difficult for people to communicate face to face. Nowadays, people can be seen on the bus, the subway, or on the road with using their mobile phones, who ignore many surrounding things.

For instance, people may be able to shop online instead of go to the shopping mall, and communicate online instead of talk face to face.

Reference:

KERMER, A. (2020). [Video]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/73KOxy_fMSM

RUSSELL, M. (2020). [Video]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/vH_UiTWYYwU

1. reetdhaul

Hi Yuechen! I thought you did a really good job at explaining how technology has changed lives for everyone. This is especially evident during the current Covid-19 pandemic. For future blog posts, I would recommend doing small separate paragraphs for each of the questions posed for the blog post. I would also suggest including your thoughts and opinions regarding the guest interviews on these posts as well. Be sure you reference them at the end 🙂

• zhouyuechen

Thank you so much! Your comment is really useful for me. I will check my past blogs, paragraph them and add references!